Elementary School Social Studies Teacher, full-time position
Date Posted: 02/2023
Open Wings Learning Community and School
Located at The Tabernacle 7951 36th Ave. Kenosha, WI 53142
Date Available: August 25, 2023
- Elementary and/or middle school teaching experience
- Previous experience teaching neurodiverse learners preferred
- Understanding of teaching students with disabilities preferred
Curriculum and Instruction:
- Develop a deep understanding of individual learners in a mixed-age school.
- Lead the implementation of research-based teaching practices and curricula in social studies in small classes of upper grade students, primarily working below grade level.
- Collaborate with teaching team to support the learning needs of all students at Open Wings working with individualized curricula.
Open Wings Learning Community is a small independent school that opened in the fall of 2012. We work as a team of teachers, therapists, classroom associates, and volunteers in our school. Our environment is collaborative, creative, and research focused.
We believe in the innate curiosity of all learners and seek to create optimal educational environments to nurture that learning. We teach through the motivations of our students and create and implement individualized curricula to address areas of need. We support our students so that they experience success in our learning environment each day.
Open Wings Learning Community is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty and to creating a culture that supports continuous growth and development for our students and staff, we seek an educator who is reflective, open to feedback, and eager for professional collaboration.
Interested applicants should email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org