Elementary School Teacher, Full time or Part time
Date Posted: 05/30/2019
Open Wings Learning Community and School
Located at The Tabernacle 7951 36th Ave. Kenosha, WI 53142
Classroom Teacher Qualifications
- Early elementary school teaching experience and/or early elementary special education teaching experience
- Experience teaching reading to emerging readers preferred
- Previous classroom teaching experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience with complex learners preferred
- Understanding of progressive education ideals & practices preferred
Curriculum and Instruction
- Develop deep understanding of individual learners in a small mixed-age classroom
- Support the implementation of progressive curriculum in reading and math
- Participate in team to meet learning needs of all students at Open Wings
- Participate in ongoing professional development
Open Wings Learning Community is a small private school that was established in 2012. We work as a team of teachers, therapists, classroom associates, and volunteers in our school. Our environment is collaborative and creative and research focused.
We believe in the innate curiosity of all learners and seek to create optimal educational environments to nurture that learning. We teach through the motivations of our students and create and implement curriculum to support areas of need. All of our students experience success daily.
Open Wings Learning Community is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty and to creating a culture that supports continuous growth and development for our students and staff, we seek an educational leader who is reflective, open to feedback, and eager for professional collaboration.
Interested applicants should email resumes to school office, firstname.lastname@example.org.