Position Type: Elementary School Teacher, full time position
Participant in Teacher Apprentice experience with university and school mentoring
Date Posted: 5/18/2020
Location: Open Wings Learning Community
Located at The Tabernacle 7951 36th Ave. Kenosha, WI 53142
Date Available: 8/24/2020
- Degree and licensing in elementary or special education
- Prior participation in the Open Wings Teacher Learning Institute or similar professional development experience
Curriculum and Instruction
- Develop deep understanding of individual learners in a small mixed-age classroom
- Support the implementation of research-based curriculum in reading and math
- Participate in teaching team to support learning needs of all students at Open Wings
- Participate in ongoing professional development through weekly meetings and regular curricular seminars
- Other duties as assigned such as lunch and recess times of student connection and guidance
Open Wings Learning Community is a small independent school that opened in the fall of 2012. We work as a team of teachers, therapists, classroom associates, and volunteers in our school. Our environment is collaborative, creative, and research focused.
We believe in the innate curiosity of all learners and seek to create optimal educational environments to nurture that learning. We teach through the motivations of our students and create and implement individualized curricula to address areas of need. We support our students so that they experience success in our learning environment each day.
Open Wings Learning Community is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty and to creating a culture that supports continuous growth and development for our students and staff, we seek an educator who is reflective, open to feedback, and eager for professional collaboration for the first year of our Teacher Apprentice Program.
Interested applicants should email resumes to: email@example.com.