Director of Social Emotional Learning, part-time or full-time
Date Posted: 6/12/2017
Open Wings Learning Community and School
Located at The Tabernacle 7951 36th Ave. Kenosha, WI 53142
- Degree in social work, counseling, or related field
- Supervisory and/or therapeutic experience with children with behavioral issues, ABA or other
- Experience working with children using a relational and experiential approach
- Understanding of attachment disorders, ADHD, autism, and other neurological and emotional challenges affecting students
- Understanding of the crisis cycle
- Value working with children through individual needs and relationship vs. strictly behavioral approach
School Leadership Role
- Support, lead, and develop practices that guide children to school success
- Participate in the school as member of the teaching team
- Participate in events of the school community
- Participate in guiding growth of parent group
- Seek and support prospective families
- Support work of school office related to school community
- Report to the Board of Directors
Open Wings Learning Community is a small private school that was established in 2012. We work as a team of teachers, therapists, classroom associates, and volunteers in our school. Our environment is collaborative and creative and research focused.
We believe in the innate curiosity of all learners and seek to create optimal educational environments to nurture that learning. We teach through the motivations of our students and create and implement curriculum to support areas of need. All of our students experience success daily.
Open Wings Learning Community is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty and to creating a culture that supports continuous growth and development for our students and staff, we seek an educational leader who is reflective, open to feedback, and eager for professional collaboration.
Interested applicants should email resumes to school office, firstname.lastname@example.org.