Position Type: Director of Social Emotional Learning, full-time during school calendar year, some part-time summer work
Date Posted: 6/1/2020
Location: Open Wings Learning Community
Located at The Tabernacle Church 7951 36th Ave. Kenosha, WI 53142
Date Available: 8/__/2020
- Degree in social work, counseling, or related field; BCBA licensing preferred
- Supervisory and/or therapeutic experience with children with behavioral issues, using PRT, ABA or other interventions
- Experience working with children using a relational and experiential approach in addition to behavioral interventions
- Understanding of attachment disorders, ADHD, autism, and other neurological and emotional challenges affecting students ages 5-14
- Understanding of the crisis cycle
- Value working with children through their individual needs and relationships vs. strictly behavioral approach
School Leadership Role
- Support, lead, and develop practices that guide children as groups and individuals to school success
- Participate in the school as member of the leadership team
- Participate in events of the school community, approximately 10-12 outside of the work day
- Participate in guiding growth of parent group
- Seek and support prospective families
- Participate in the school accreditation process
- Report to the Board of Directors until Head of School role is filled
Open Wings Learning Community is a small private school that was established in 2012. Our employees work as a team of teachers, therapists, classroom associates, and volunteers in our school. Our environment is collaborative, creative, and research focused.
We believe in the innate curiosity of all learners and seek to create optimal educational environments to nurture that learning. We teach through the motivations of our students and create and implement curriculum to address areas of need. We support our students so that they experience success in our learning environment each day.
Open Wings Learning Community is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty and to creating a culture that supports continuous growth and development for our students and staff, we seek a Director of Social and Emotional Learning who is reflective, open to feedback, and eager for professional collaboration.
Interested applicants should email resumes to school office, email@example.com.