Director of School, part-time or full-time
Date Posted: 6/12/2018
Open Wings Learning Community and School
Located at The Tabernacle 7951 36th Ave. Kenosha, WI 53142
- Supervisory experience with elementary education or elementary special education teachers and accompanying licensing
- Experience in the area of teaching reading to emerging readers preferred
- Previous classroom teaching experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience with complex learners preferred
- Understanding of progressive education ideals & practices preferred
Curriculum and Instruction
- Develop deep understanding of individual learners
- Support the implementation of progressive curriculum in reading and math
- Lead and participate in team to meet learning needs of all students at Open Wings
- Lead and participate in ongoing professional development
- Support work of school office
- Participate in events of the school community
- Support and/or lead development practices
- Oversee parent group
- Seek and support prospective families
- Report to the Board of Directors
Open Wings Learning Community is a small private school, entering into our sixth school year. We work as a team of teachers, therapists, classroom associates, and volunteers in our school. Our environment is collaborative and creative and research focused.
We believe in the innate curiosity of all learners and seek to create optimal educational environments to nurture that learning. We teach through the motivations of our students and create and implement curriculum to support areas of need. All of our students experience success daily.
Open Wings Learning Community is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty and to creating a culture that supports continuous growth and development for our students and staff, we seek an educational leader who is reflective, open to feedback, and eager for professional collaboration.
Interested applicants should email resumes to school office, email@example.com.