School Teaching Associate
Date Posted: 07/2021
Open Wings Learning Community and School
Located at The Tabernacle 7951 36th Ave. Kenosha, WI 53142
Date Available: August 30, 21
- Elementary school classroom experience and/or early elementary special education classroom experience preferred
- Previous experience with complex learners preferred (e.g., ASD, trauma, ADHD diagnoses)
- Develop deep understanding of individual learners in a small mixed-age classroom
- Support the implementation of behavior plans for complex learners
- Participate in team to meet learning and emotional needs of all students at Open Wings
- Participate in successful social and emotional development of all students
- And other duties as assigned
Open Wings Learning Community is a small private school, entering into our tenth school year. We work as a team of teachers, therapists, classroom associates, and volunteers in our school to help students learn. Our environment is collaborative, creative, and research focused.
We believe in the innate curiosity of all learners and seek to create optimal educational environments to nurture that learning. We teach through the motivations of our students and create and implement curriculum to support areas of need. All of our students experience success daily.
Open Wings Learning Community is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty and to creating a culture that supports continuous growth and development for our students and staff, we seek to hire teacher associates who are reflective, open to feedback, and eager for professional collaboration and experience.
Interested applicants should email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org